Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 months ago

*WHY do you think some people use this YA site, but don't ask real questions in the question section. They just make some non-question?

statement OR an incomplete question (as a question) so no one could answer it. I have seen this types of "questions" often enough. Why?

Examples. I am eating a sandwich today. OR ... What is he doing?

The polls and survey's section allows for silly and trivial questions and that's where they belong but a couple of Level 7s have gone rogue and hate that section and move all the questions out of there.

Like "As Mad As Birds" said sometimes they leave you a funny question to try and answer creatively for a game and in Polls and Surveys that should be OK. I would never have got involved in Polls and Surveys because it seems a bit silly to me but I have to move so many questions BACK there to clean up other sections for people as a Level 7 that I have answered some.

I agree with Zirp that not enough people are reporting really offensive questions and answers. Unfortunately you need more than one person flagging and reporting for something to be taken down and all you have to do is press the flag to report but a lot of people say they can't be bothered reporting despite how easy it is.

• Daniel

Some people dont Understand what this Site is for and what the Rules on here are

• LAN

Childishness and limited imagination.

• .

Because they aren't aware of the rules here, don't know how to properly use the site, or more often simply don't care. They use the site as they choose, without regard for what it was created to be nor do they seem to care they agreed to abide by the rules (which we all had to do in order to have a Yahoo account) but then go back on their word (showing lack of integrity). There are a number of regular abusers that are well aware of the site rules and what the site was created for, but choose to use it as a chat site or post some other type of violation, and when admonished will comment with "I don't care" or something similar (making it clear the rules are immaterial to them they'll do as they please...those types of people often feel powerless in their offline life, so use online venues to try to feel like they control something and will do as they please...it says a LOT about the emotional health of those people, and it's not anything positive).

Those situations are some of the reasons there is a flag at the bottom right of every post. It's to report posts (questions, answers, or comments) that don't conform to the rules we all agreed to abide by. Everyone should make use of the report feature, when appropriate.

Every site has it's trolls/abusers, but those sites that are closely moderated tend to have few or no inappropriate posts on their site for long (if at all) because the mods make sure they never post or are removed quickly. YA isn't one of those sites.

• Vodoo/Bruja

https://fr.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190731214931AABud8S

• Zirp

some are mentally challenged, some are trying to be "b@dass".

and not enough people are REPORTING those non-questions

• Ala

They are trying to turn this place into a chat

There is so much done without any rhyme or reason on yahoo some of it is good and some not so good.

• Joe

Many people on the Internet have severe mental heath issues and can't help their behavior, and maybe they can't quite grasp the concept of this site.

To be honest, I've been here a few years and don't fully understand the rules.

It seems nearly every Q & A is a violation.

It's like this is a Q & A forum, but Q's & A's are not allowed

They are creative as opposed to literal thinkers. They probably enjoy interacting with other creative people, and they chose this site to do it.

I like those "questions" and see them as fun and challenging to answer. I don't take this place or its rules too seriously.