I see cool air intake placed in various places in engine compartments. 2015 Toyota Highlander. Where can one project the coolest air to be?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Don't waste your money. A cold air intake won't increase your Highlander's performance. The only place they make sense in on a race car .

• 1 year ago

Coolest air is in the passenger compartment with the AC on high. Anywhere near the engine is hot. The throttle has a fuel heater in it anyway, so a cold air intake is just noisy trash.

• 1 year ago

Take heed to what thebax2006 said. This is important. That was the exact scenario that happened to my brother last year. He will never buy a K&N or any other filter of that type again. .

• 1 year ago

Don't waste your money. Most engines have pick up points at the front of the engine compartment already. Spend money om ladyboys and hookers not "performance" modifications that only work because your wallet just got a whole lot lighter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Don't replace the stock CAI. It's a waste of money and the after market CAI's with the cleanable air filter ruin MAF sensors when the oil on the filter migrates to the MAF sensor wires.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ian K
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

In front of grill or out side of fender, piped to intake.

Will probably gain zero useable hp. The factory cold air intake was designed for the engine and engine management.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Cool air means "not from under the hood".

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

in the very front .. it wont matter anyway, i doubt you could even get repeatable improvement results over stock on a dyno playing with a cold air intake .. all they do is make more intake noise and make you think youre faster .. when i blow your doors off with my bone stock accord with a 6 you'll understand ..

• 1 year ago

In front of the radiator and low to the ground

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.