Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 12 months ago

WHY do you think some people use this YA site, but don't ask questions? This site is strictly for questions. I see these type of posts?

often enough. Are they ignorant, uncaring, or What?

PLEASE NO MORE ANSWERS TO THIS QUESTION. I MADE A MISTAKE ON THE WORDING OF THIS QUESTION, AND WILL NOW ACCURATELY REVISE IT AND RE-SEND THE UPDATED/ ACCURATE QUESTION. THANKS THOUGH.

• Sarah

I'm not sure what you mean. Some people want to share knowledge and opinions, but just do not think of any questions to ask themselves, or they prefer to find those answers elsewhere.

However, you might mean when people ask a "question" that isn't actually a question. I don't know what happened, but Yahoo Answers became really glitchy when Yahoo and Verizon were trying to work together. This is technically a violation of Yahoo Answers and was to be reported (which someone on level 7 could do, the question would be removed and the asker would lose 10 points). This is still technically a violation, but I think people stopped caring and stopped reporting questions.

First off, this site is not "strictly for questions" as you stated. First notice the name of the site--Yahoo ANSWERS, not Yahoo questions.

I've been here since May 9, 2006 and have never asked a question, but have answered a lot because I want to help others.

Have you read my profile?

Background: 32 years law enforcement, working primarily with insane prisoners (California), now retired.

Although I respect anyone who asks a question, I don't sugar coat the answer, and I strive to make it truthful. If you don't like the truth, so be it, but don't shoot the messenger.

My main intention is to help, and I hope that's what I've managed to do for you.

Now I have a question for you. Why do you post anonymously? Are you hiding something?

• Daniel

Some people Ask and Answer Questions other people Like me Just Answer Questions I find it more fun to Answer other people's Questions then to Ask Questions

• .

A lot of people know how to do their own research, so don't ask questions. They do enjoy answering them though.

• Ala

They want to chat rather than ask.

• Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed.

Not flooding the site with inane questions is a GOOD thing, as it gives all people more time to answer the serious ones

It is for asking questions AND answering them. What's the point of asking a question of no one answers?

• Snoopy

You get more points if you answer questions without asking them actually, which is odd, and you lose points when you ask them, which I don't get.

The ones that don't ask any questions, at all, ever........are too afraid to put themselves on that line, where trolls will tear apart their questions or flip their "question" back on them.

Basically they are afraid to put themselves on the line.......and prefer being the one giving the snarky answers to Others questions.

• .

I usually do not have a lot of questions. So I tend to only ask a couple per month. Just because you don't ask a lot of questions, doesn't mean you are ignorant or uncaring.