I wanted to know if I need to use the HDMI out on my LG soundbar? I'm getting a Sony 4K blu ray player and it has 2 HDMI?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Check the manual it might allow bluetooth or optical output to the sound bar.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

I think you need to understand the difference between an output and an input. If the soundbar has an output, it is usually for daisy chaining to a second soundbar or auxiliary speaker. As almost no Disc players record anything, or accept other source material other than the physical disks, input from a soundbar is unneeded. Players extract sound directly from the disk itself to forward (output) to the TV. The TV in turn forwards the sound to the sound bar as an option to using the TV's internal speakers . There is no need for the soundbar to return that signal to the TV, which already receives all of its signals from the source player, usually a Blueray or DVD player.. Some bars might, might, have an on-screen menu that is intended for display on the TV, but not many, and not often. The sound bar is not a source, it is a speaker.

The soundbars manual should explain its intended function.

• 7 months ago

Connect according to the Owner's Manuals for the equipment you have.

• 7 months ago

Connect the sound bar HDMI output to whichever input on the TV has ARC - Audio return channel.

That then feeds audio to the sound bar, you should not need any other signal connection to it.

It should then work regardless of whatever source you are watching, whether normal TV or the blu-ray connected to another HDMI input on the TV etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

A soundbar should not have any outputs on it, as it itself offers no signal content.

Plug the BluRay player to the TV, and then connect the audio out from the TV to the audio IN on the soundbar.

• P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No. If the blue ray player has two HDMI outputs it's best to connect one directly to the tv and one to the soundbar and not use the output on the sound bar. The only reason why you might need the output on the soundbar would be if you need it for something other than the blueray player. If you connected the TV through the soundbar it may not display 4k or HDR correctly which is why Sony included 2 outputs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.