promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 10 months ago

Should Dems think "democratic" communism is a thing, should hard right conservatives call themselves democratic fascists as a joke?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerome
    Lv 6
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Why is Israel a democracy?

When it existed before democracy and Zionists longed for a JEWISH state to exist (AGAIN is an add on according to one's perspective).

Nobody has ever questioned Israel's right to exist as a democratic, but not necessarily Jewish, state, said Human Rights Watch Executive Director Ken Roth in an interview with Kan Reshet Bet radio on Saturday.

"Nobody's ever questioned the right of Israel to exist," said Roth. "Every state has the right to exist, but every state also has the duty to apply international human rights principles."

When asked by the Kan interviewer if Israel has the right to exist as a Jewish state, Roth responded that it had the right to exist as a democracy, but added that "Israel can define itself any way it wants. Lots of governments define themselves in nationalist terms.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

democracy and communism are not mutually exclusive. in fact, a true communist society would have true democracy, as opposed to the representative democracy that we enjoy. communism is an economic system, democracy is a political system.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

there has never been a communist country. only totalitarian countries that called themselves communist. don't get me wrong though, i'm not advocating for communism. i think it's a worthwhile system if you have less than 1000 or so citizens, after that it falls apart.

• Future
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Democrats believe in and support democracy, and Republicans don't, and would get rid of it the second they could, literally. So I don't think that makes much sense. They aren't democratic anything, they are for autocratic oligarchies like in Russia, nothing else. That's why they're their special buddies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.