NISSAN MAXIMA 2001 PROBLEM HELP ?

I recently got a Nissan Maxima 2001. The thing is that it runs fine in the night when it is cool. But in the day when it is upper 80°-90° i can let go of the accelerator and it’ll just go 40 mph and I have to constantly ride the brake. This only happens when it is hot out and I don’t know what could be the issue.

You should just sell the car and buy a certified used car. It's an 18 year old junker. TRASH IT LOSER.

• Dan

I'm thinking vacuum leak or idle air control valve. An engine can't speed up without air, something is allowing it in. Inspect carefully for the leak and try air intake cleaner in the throttle body and through the IAC valve.

If I had to guess, your throttle position sensor (TPS) probably needs to be replaced. Heat soak can cause an electrical switch or sensor like a TPS to malfunction (because electrical resistance increases in electrical conductors with increased temperature), especially if the sensor is about ready to fail anyway. And the temperature inside an engine bay will definitely be hotter when it's warm outside than when it's cooler outside...

You/a shop could find the electrical specs for the TPS in your car and check it for conformance with a multimeter to confirm it's the cause before just replacing it blindly. Good luck.

How stupid are you to buy a 18 year old car? OF COURSE it has issues, that's why the owner was trying to sell it.