What is the best Grand theft auto Game?

• Wokaz
    Favorite Answer

Each game has their own unique feel to them, so it all depends really what kind of setting you're after. I'll do a quick rundown of each game in the series:

GTA 1 & 2 - Very different to all the future releases, you play them from a top-down view and not really worth playing if you just want to get into the authentic GTA feel.

GTA 3 - Was a revolutionary game for its time, introduced a lot of the mechanics of the series that are still present today. However I played it again recently and I thought the game felt rather dated compared to later games in the series.

GTA Vice City - One of my personal favourites, it's set around the sunny palm beaches of Vice City during the 1980s. Very enjoyable game and would recommend it, but bear in mind it does also feel a little dated now.

GTA San Andreas - You will find a lot of people who say this is the best GTA game of all time, and it's easy to see why. There's things you can do in this game that no other GTA game lets you do, such as turf wars and having to keep your character in shape by eating and working out. You should definitely play this game at some point.

GTA Liberty City / Vice City Stories - Although there are console versions of these games, they were originally released for the handheld PSP and were better on it. There are some unique features to these games and they are fun but I wouldn't recommend playing these over the other games in the series.

GTA IV - Brilliant game with an entertaining story and personally I prefer the physics engine here than in GTA V. Have loads of great memories of playing online too but you might struggle to find online games anymore but the singleplayer is definitely still worth playing. The expansions (Lost and Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony) are a whole lot of fun as well and have their own unique feel despite being in the same city.

GTA Chinatown Wars - This game was handheld only (DS and PSP) and was very different to the rest of the games in the series. Had more of a cartoonish feel to it and you would play interactive mini-games to perform certain tasks. I only played the DS version and I did enjoy it but if you're wanting more of a definitive GTA experience I'd play one of the console games.

GTA V - Not much to say that you probabaly don't already know. This game is certainly the most realistic and has the most content of any game in the series, and I personally love the whole West Coast feel as you get with both this and San Andreas. If you're playing a GTA game for the first time, you may just want to go straight to this as you will likely get the most hours out of it.

Grand theft auto San Andreas

Best one would have to be 5

I have the most memory with vice city so probably that

GTA 4 Liberty city