Misty asked in TravelAsia PacificSingapore · 4 months ago

Have you meet someone from Singapore? If so, what was it like?

Yes, I have been to Singapore quite a few times and obviously in this process i met many peoples from Singapore. The culture of Singapore is very diverse in nature. The culture of Singapore is a combination of Asian, European and Middle Eastern cultures. Influenced by Malay, South Asian, East Asian, and Eurasian cultures, Singapore has been dubbed as a country where "East meets West", "Easy Asia" and "Garden city".

In Singapore 33% of the population practising Buddhism and 5.1% of the population practising Hinduism. Many Singaporeans are also adherents of Abrahamic religions, with 18.8% of the population identifying as Christian, and 14.7% identifying as Muslims and many other religions.

I lived in Singapore with the RAF at RAF Changi and i loved the people Polite friendly and Honest

• Toruko

He moved to my county in 2003. An employee of British Petroleum.

His male parent survives in Singapore using a Chinese Junk for a

residence. Both play golf for recreation. His father is well known for

putting struck white balls into open portholes of passing ships. The

man I know married a US Citizen. They reside on an acre parcel within

1,846 square feet of wood housing. With two cars and one lake boat.

• Greg

Yes, many. They are people just like anybody else.

i've been to singapore they're ok people. i agree their english is a bit hard to understand.

Sometimes it is hard to understand their English with the thick accent. You go to food market under a shopping mall and you have to order some meals. Then you talk to the cashier, "do you have fried rice?".... the cashier will say "no we have this (mandarin) and (mandarin)..." thats how people talk in Singapore. but most of them are polite.

One of my now closest friends, Kylie, is from Singapore. Shes VERY tan but has developed quite an extroverted personality. She plays everything by the rules and will NEVER drive over the speed limit (even 1mph over), as Singapore has very harsh punishment for disobeying laws.