Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

Who is moderating this website?

The stupidest idiotic is moderating the Y!A website

Not me. I cant report schit these days. It sucks because I need that ability again. I have been running into some really disturbing and twisted stuff lately that should not be allowed to stay up.

Source(s): .56
  • Daniel

The Community does who Specifically Nobody knows as Yahoo does not give out there Identitys on here

• Ala

Us. But years ago, they had paid staff watching after this site. Yahoo is no longer a popular engine and has had trouble generating income, and for that reason they laid off the staff for Yahoo Answers and much of the rest of Yahoo. I hope Verizon can revive this place.

The members are supposed to be the moderators, but I don't hold much faith in that since I have seen an appalling question recently that has remained active for far too long. That question appears to have been placed a sock of a well known troll, who incidentally was awarded best answer. The fact that the question is still there is a sad reflection of how badly Yahoo Answers is monitored these days. I feel sure it would have been taken down by now if the site was monitored at all. I sometimes think site managers should be held accountable for not taking down slanderous material quickly enough. Too many sick trolls and their associated socks on the site these days.

Every member of this community moderates the site.

• Weasel McWeasel

rubbish............no one does a damn thing.

• .

The site is community moderated, which means moderation is only as good as the users responsible for it. Unfortunately, many users don't care to participate in moderation or do so irresponsibly (so are part of the problem).

Verizon Media owns Yahoo but has shown little interest in Yahoo Answers, especially when it comes to controlling violations and abuse.

• Weasel McWeasel

well said. ....they'd rather just keep posting ad naseum that USERS are the moderators, but god forbid they actually take any action in the face of blatant trolling,. As long as it's not about THEM.-------why bother, right?

• Zirp

mainly ordinary users who bother to report violations. A computer counts and weighs the reports, and may delete a post based on that. No human will review the post if the author doesn't appeal

• Weasel McWeasel

and where are these users who bother to do that? I tried finding some and came up empty.

Everybody who uses it that's why there is so much malicious reporting. Verizon should employ staff to do it like every other decent website.

• P

You are

and everyone like you