What are some popular Italian dishes?

Raviolis, spaghetti, lasagna, tortellini, chicken or beef veal, brachiolle, veggies mixed with pasta with olive oil and seasonings, risotto, and more, love it all!

Lasagna, and cannoli.

Arancini, do you know what it is? It is stuffed rice balls + breadcrumbs + deep fried. ;) Love it.

Spaghetti, pizza,

• Joe

This really sexy and funny Italian girl I knew was pretty popular...Maria Antonia....now she was a real fine dish !!

pasta fazool, spaghetti with meat balls, lasagna, stromboli, calzone, pizza, marinara sauce, beef brocioli, antipasto, ravioli, eggplant parmegian, pesto. Stuffed vegetables. Anchovies. Gelato. This is Eytailan Restuarant spamming.

• Mark

Many pasta dishes, polenta, veal cutlets, risi-bisi ("rice and peas"). The list goes on and on.

• John

Near Milan airport I had a plate (for dinner) of Mom's garden grown tomatoes with fresh mozzarella. The Mom's part was printed proudly on the menu. I had cold octopus salad at a relative's house - that was excellent. Tasted another excellent octopus dish in a restaurant - that was Florence. My first lunch ever IN Italy was Fruita di Mare, which is mixed seafood. But it was on a bed of french fries, not pasta. Italians love potatoes. And I've had BBQ - grilled meats, if you prefer - many, many times. All of which is to say that the country doesn't actually live on pasta. And it certainly doesn't live on pizza. A very popular dish is called "toast' - grilled panini with any of a variety of toppings. English style toast is called "grilled bread", so there's a difference.

Popular where? The USA? Northern Italy? Southern Italy?

My brother lived in Japan for awhile and spaghetti was common there but it was literally pasta with ketchup. Gross.

Tomato bruschetta, olives, salami, and mozzarella They eat as starters. Spaghetti carbonara, spaghetti amatriciana, pasta fagioli, risotto, such as mushroom risotto. Veal is very popular in Italy as well such as veal Milanese. Italian Christmas cake called panettone is worth a try too. Italian food is delicious :)