Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 10 months ago

Question about being married to a Japanese? My brother has married a Japanese girl.?

She is very nice and very quiet. Quite submissive, actually. I was wondering if this is permitted in Japanese culture. I have not said anything to my brother but he still has a lot of Japanese girls that he converses with. I see him on FB and always adding more Japanese girls to his friends - list. Also, on Instagram, he loves the attention from the Japanese girls. His wife isn t on social media so maybe she doesn t see(or maybe she knows about it). He still loves looking at Japanese women. Is this socially acceptable in Japanese culture? Ie,(Husband is allowed to be flirtatious) and talk to other Japanese women?

Looking at other women can lead to cheating.

He should quit playing games , grow up , and take care of his wife .

A lot of Japanese women don't believe in post-marital sex, so their husbands have to have girlfriends.

Of course not on cheating. Why do you think it's acceptable?

But just as friends on social media, I'm married and still has some female friends on social medias. I think it's still OK level.

But in the case of your brother, he's trying to get new female friends. I'm just keeping some friends since I was single. Well, there is no cultural or traditional background to say if it's right or wrong because social medias were created just 10 years ago or so. So it's just a matter of his wife accepting it or not.

Source(s): Japanese guy

Is he cheating by looking? No.

300 years ago, Japanese women were expected to hire hookers for their husbands. Yeah, Japanese men are often playboys.