Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 12 months ago

Question between Air Force reserves and national guard? (Ohio)?

So. To keep this short my girlfriend joined Air Force reserves got done with training came home but now she’s doing a “seasonal training program” an hour from home and it gets her active duty days which in turn grants her bah while being in the reserves (she has over 90 days active now). So it’s like a job but she stays home. So my question is does the national guard have anything related to this opportunity or would I just have to wait for a deployment to get the 90 days? She was on orders that’s what made the days count for her. I feel like it’s just another Air Force thing lol. Her STP was 4 months.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The Air National Guard has "Seasoning Training Program" for at least some AFSC's (job classification). Don't think the Army National Guard has the program.

• Mrsjvb

the job dictates that. my father, ANG Medic did not have any opportunities like that. he did his 2 week AT and that was it unless the unit got called up to deploy( which it did, several times)

the Guard is state controlled so can get called up by the Governor as well.

• ?

The Air NG and AF Reserves have a program named "Seasoning Training Program" for some or all AFSC's that when a person has finished their Tech School and has a 3 level AFSC, they are sent to a base or location where they can get Active Duty for Training for 5 level OJT.