Sam
Sam asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Is Trump-Russia conspiracy beyond reasonable doubt?

• Andy F
    Favorite Answer

Mueller evidently didn't think so, so I say no. "Beyond reasonable doubt" is a very tough standard to meet.

After all - OJ got acquitted of charges that he killed his ex-wife, didn't he? Because the jurors decided that he couldn't be judged guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt"?

Yet millions of Americans think OJ actually did the murders. Something similar applies to Trump and the Russians, IMO.

-- democratic socialist / Only the truth is revolutionary

• Sam

True but a civil court award the victim families millions in a decision against OJ.

Mueller's team have looked into this probably more than anyone and they concluded:

<... the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.>

That would seem to indicate that it is NOT beyond reasonable doubt, in fact, it is more likely not to have happened at all.

• Jeff D

Only if your tin foil is wrapped especially tight around your head.

• Sam

I don't wear tin foil around my head. I've upgraded to a colander

• Justin

The only thing Trump 'conspired' with Russia to do is expand his legitimate businesses into a land that was once held in the grip of Soviet communism and is now suffering under criminal corruption. It was legitimate business and peaceful opportunities that brought down the Soviet empire and ended the Cold War; it is legitimate business that assimilated the crime bosses here in the United States. It will be peaceful legitimate business that will bring down the Russian oligarchy and assimilate them into a more civilized culture as well. Those actually pursuing peace rather than only promising it understand the actual work involved. Trump is on the 'front lines' of that struggle.

Trying to tie Trump to criminal corruption and voter fraud for simply attempting to begin the process of importing our indomitable way of life across the globe into 'enemy' territory makes you an obstructionist to peace and liberty. Russians trying and failing to affect our election process is a victory for us and for our system. That is what happened. Even the 'witch hunter' himself said so. I guarantee you the communist Chinese were 'helping' Hillary, there just isn't any strong motivation to 'investigate' it, since the Press is biased towards communism. Hillary lost. Trump won.

Our nation was born when the first generation of Americans traveled to Europe and made deals with one superpower to help us leverage and overcome the one threatening us with oppression. Business was a part of that arrangement as well. Without it, a new third world country declaring its independence from a superpower would be a joke. No one is laughing now.

• Sam

You get an 'A' for typing and grammar. I'm grading on a Y!A curve, but it's still impressive.

• Chris

The witch hunt died. Hey, now you can get a job.

• Sam

I actually have a real job and work. I also collect Social Security after having worked and paid into it for over 50 years. I'll probably work until I die, hope that makes you happy.

Yeah, pretty much...

No, not even close.

• Lolly

It should have been an independent commission, as Democratic Congress wanted all along. Then we would have some honest answers. Obstruction of justice works to obstruct justice.

• Mike

It never happened

Actually...I don't even think they proved Russia did the DNC "hacks" beyond reasonable doubt.