Lv 7
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 months ago

what is the name of the professional guide in hunting in Canada and Australia?

In Africa its a Professional Hunter

In Scotland its a Guille

In England its a Gamekeeper

In India its a Shikari

What is it in Canada and Australia

1 Answer

  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    In Canada and the US it's outfitter, sometimes guide. Roles in the different countries vary greatly. For example, in some places (US & CANADA) you can basically just get dropped off and picked up with good directions and minimal support, can have a camp prepped for you at least many times. Other outfitters will get you close enough to game so you can use your skills, but from what I've seen and heard anyone around here isn't going to put you in a perfect spot, you have to earn that yourself. I've heard the stories of some African hunts where the clients were inept and all sorts of ill-regarded behind their backs. I also had friends do hunting in Africa and the guide they used was very thankful they all were great shots with the right ammo/rifle combos and treated everyone respectfully.

    Not sure in Australia, could be guide, gamekeeper, or their local call for it.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.