How to Get to Port-Royal Historic Site as a First-Time Canada Visitor?

Hello! So I am an American traveling to Nova Scotia, Canada for the first time. My plan is to take a flight from Houston, Texas to Halifax, Canada, and then I want to travel to the Port-Royal National Historic Site from Halifax. I have read up on what is the best way to get there, and so far with my research I found that it is best I rent a car in Canada from Halifax to use for the trip there. It is about a two-hour car trip. I would like to know if there are any tips or general advice on how to get around Halifax, Port-Royal Historic Site, or really any area of Nova Scotia, Canada? This is my first time visiting Canada, so I want to be prepared. Thank you so much in advance.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Unless you're in a city with transit services and taxis, driving yourself is the best way to get around. Bus service between cities is usually inconvenient or just plain doesn't go where you want to go. Buy a paper map, a detailed one, when you get there. Internet and cell service may be spotty.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Google maps are reliable. Enjoy.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Your name will be run through a computer, if they find anything, you will not be admitted.

• 1 year ago

Since you have Internet access, go look at the sites that cover this location.

You have a valid and current passport, right ? Or a valid enhanced driver's license or NEXUS card, right ?

Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.