Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

How do I stay calm on an extremely busy day in an HVAC company?

We've been busy. It is hot, yes a 95 degree day summer everyday. Feels like 105. Every customer in the area is calling in a crazy state of mind basically saying "we are going to die if we don't get our AC on and NOW NOW NOW". Meanwhile everyone in the company is running around trying to get stuff. One person tell me go here and another 2 seconds later go there. Then I have to pick, which do I piss off. All the woman are bitching about angry customers on the phone. The owner's son working there, age 21, had a breakdown and couldn't do it. He is in a psych ward following stopping in traffic screaming at cars to hit him (no joke).

The manager flips out over tiny things while the boss, owner, tries to keep him tamed. It is sheer chaos like Wall Street on the day the stock market crashed in 1929 or more recently in 2008 and 1987. I am trying to stay calm. My son is 10 and scared, he is my only child with no mother since her death 7 years ago and so in the summer when school is out he has no where to go but to work with me. We sleep there at night. We never leave, in fact we aside from church on Sundays we have not left here since June 22nd when we went to a funeral in his mother's family. It is chaos. How do I stay calm so my son stays calm? How do I avoid going insane like the bosses 21 year old son?

• marty
    Favorite Answer

It's just a job no sense in getting upset at anything, you do what you can. If you cant handle the job then find one you can. Get a home for that child and provide proper care for him when you're at work.