Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 years ago

What do you think about concept of tacit consent, with means if someone not oppose he or she agree, it very popular in business...?

What do you think about concept of tacit consent, with means if someone not oppose he or she agree, it very popular in business and politics too.

Like if you want bullied something and you need prior approval of some paper pusher, like city or town planning department, in my country (Poland) the have 14 works day to response, if they not respond with clear response it assumed that the answer is positive.

In my country some lawyers joke that only time it's not work is when it comes to sex, that if eager girl/woman not say NO and want have fun with boy/man, she can file rape case :D

But it's also make rows in ordinary homes in my country, as one guy and his wife was mad at their teen son for going to vacation in forest on his own, he informed them, asked for permission, and they talked about it, but they not said yes but also not said no ;-) was very ambiguous so to speak :-)

They ware little bit mad but not punished him.

I'm interested in psychology and philosophy. I'm talked on one our forums about theory of consent, she was woman, and said that if someone is legal is not always seems right, that if is always better to wait for clear consent, that office is sometime overloaded, womans sometime not want talk no, to not hurt someone feelings, and in home settings, parents or spouse, sometime have not paid attention and is wrong to use fact that someone is distracted..

And what do you think?

• Lili
    Favorite Answer

"Tacit consent" is hugely problematic. I do not approve of the concept or the assumption. It can result in major misunderstandings and even legal action.