I’ve started a new job as a receptionist. How can I speak more professionally?

I am from Latvia and my English is not very perfect. I have started a temp role as an Receptionist. I don’t know the appropriate way to greet people. Also, if someone comes into reception to meet up with one of the managers or anyone else working in the office, when I call them up I don’t know how to say that there... show more I am from Latvia and my English is not very perfect. I have started a temp role as an Receptionist. I don’t know the appropriate way to greet people. Also, if someone comes into reception to meet up with one of the managers or anyone else working in the office, when I call them up I don’t know how to say that there is someone waiting downstairs for them.

Or is it okay to call up the extension to speak to whoever and say you have a guest waiting in reception for you?

Also, on Friday we have a fire alarm and I have to send message to everyone to say there is a fire alarm test but no one needs to leave building unless it’s real fire. So how can I say that?