How do I cook the perfect fluffy scrambled eggs?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Break the egg(s) into a bowl.

For each egg, add 1 Tablespoon tap water (not hot water).

Whisk or beat with a fork until thoroughly blended.

Put a bit of butter into a pan, and put it on medium heat on the stovetop.

When the butter starts to bubble, swirl the pan to coat the bottom of it, and then pour in the eggs.

Allow the eggs to sit for 1-2 minutes, and then stir with a wooden spoon until done as desired. It is best not to cook them until they are totally dry, since the more dry they are, the less fluffy and tender then will be.

Salt and pepper are added at the end. Pepper can go bitter if added before cooking.

If you wish to add other ingredients (minced onion or mushrooms or parsley), saute the ahead (except right at the end) and add them into the cooking eggs about halfway through.

Although usually I make an omelet if I want to add other things.

• ?

use a whisk and mix them in a bowl - do NOT add milk or any other fluids.. DO NOT use high heat and avoid stirring them too much. Added milk and too much stirring are your biggest threats. LOW heat also. GOOD LUCK!! You might try room temperature (not directly out of the refrigerator) eggs,. They will be more fluffy than cold eggs.

• denise

I cook mine in the microwave, their always nicer than done in a pan.

Break eggs into a bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy. Pour into preheated pan and cook on low-med heat, gently pushing the eggs as they cook from the edges towards the center of the pan. DO NOT overcook..

Gordon Ramsey on YouTube does it perfectly. low and slow

How do i cook the perfect FLUFFY scrambled eggs ?

I find ADDING MAYONNAISE ( 2 tablespoons ) to 4 eggs and MIX using my MILK SHAKE MIXER to inject air

I like the "French method" to get a creamy scrambled egg.

Pan on low heat.

Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.

Pour the eggs into the pan and gently stir to break up any large clumps of egg. If the egg starts to cook rapidly turn the heat down.

The entire process may take 10 minutes or more. Not a fast way to scramble an egg but you get creamy "saucy" eggs.

Milk, eggs, salt and pepper mix together.

For fluffy, you want to use water. That's the way I always did it until I discovered I much prefer the denser, custardy goodness of scrambling eggs with heavy cream.

• ?

I enjoy cooking eggs in bacon fat. It is really tasty. When I cook scrambled eggs, I cook on a low heat, taking it off the burner on occasion (it still cooks in between), and when almost done, add milk or cream. I have even heard of adding cream cheese to make it creamier.

By following recipes over and over until it is "perfect". Good luck wasting years of your life chasing after perfection, it's philosophically impossible to achieve.