Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 months ago

Legal help?

I was wrongfully terminated from a previous employer because I was on prescription medication that cause a false positive to a drug test. When I try to tell them that the positive was false and get them to redo the drug test they told me that they can't do another test, and what the results were is the truth no matter what and if I thought otherwise that I was retarded. I have fallen on some hard times and have been trying to find another job so I try to reapply, in the interview the lady interviewing me remembered me and kept telling me she doubts that a drug addict like me would be rehired. I have never done drugs in my life and I want to know if there's something I can legally do because it is ridiculous that they are making up these lies about me and are now refusing to give me a job based on these lies

Favorite Answer

Depends on the state and a lot of other things. Talk to a lawyer.

If it really is a prescription and that could be proven then you would have and ADA claim. But if it were me, I'd probably move on.

• Evan7 months agoReport

I did tell them I was taking the prescription before the drug test 😊😊😊

You WERE NOT wrongfully terminated.

Note: EVERY drug test requires you to DECLARE any and all prescriptions PRECISELY to eliminate false positives. If you didn't declare the prescriptions, YOU are ENTIRE.LY at fault. In any case, firing you for requiring a legitimate prescription IS NOT wrongful termination

• Evan7 months agoReport

• ricky

Easy question to answer. An employer has no obligation to keep you employed. You can be terminated for any reason unless you have a contract like unions have. You also have the same power. You can quit anytime you like. If you have honed your skills, if you are a productive worker, employers will be looking for YOU. Isn’t America wonderful?

• Tavy

You apply to a different company, nothing to do with your last one, and if they want a drug test then show them your prescription.

• keerok

If a company treated you that way, why would you still want to work with them? Apply elsewhere.

Then again, you said prescription drugs. Those kind of medicine that cause drug tests to appear positive are given to patients with underlying psychological conditions. If the company is well aware of that then that would be one reason why they're not hearing your explanation at all.

• Evan7 months agoReport

I have been applying everywhere I can think of, not just at my old employer. Yes I do have some disabilities mostly physical some mental, but they prevent me from doing a lot of jobs so I am very limited. Also they knew about my disabilities, they say the reason is because I'm a retarded drug addict