What do you think of my PC?

I have a Dell Latitude E5430 non-v pro. It has 8 GIG RAM (DDR3), core i5 that is clocked at 2.67 GHz. I am using a 500GB hard drive.I love to play games but it seems like only older titles will run on it well. Should I upgrade the memory to 12 GB or should do away and get myself a gaming PC once I have enough money?

• Yvonne
    Favorite Answer

It's not meant for gaming, better you get yourself a gaming rig. Buy the parts and get your own rig up. If you need help with the right components at right price, mail me.

Email: yanastorff@yahoo.com

Because of the speed of your processor which is only a 2.67 you're not going to be able to play high resolution games. 8 gigs of RAM is plenty. the best upgrade that you can hope to put in that computer is a 2 gig graphics board that will help you to play games. but if you're seriously interested in playing games you're going to need something that has more speed like a 4.1 gigahertz processor.

Yeah, that's a 3rd gen CPU. In other words, 6 years old. You aren't going to play current games on that, even if it did have a better video card.

You're better off buying a good gaming PC. Laptops are almost always terrible for gaming since they don't have good graphics card. And plus, they run hot and loud. Upgrading your RAM won't help with gaming. Installing an SSD will dramatically improve the overall responsiveness of the laptop, but it won't help with gaming.