Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentConservation · 10 months ago

I want to do something to help the earth, I know I am only one person against an enormous problem, but I feel so bad for our planet?

I especially feel horrible about the poachers who kill elephants/rhinos for their tusks/horns or sharks for their fins. The physical pain they feel and how cruel it is to put them through pain and leave them for dead. Its DISGUSTING and it breaks my heart for the animals. I have been moving into reusable items, straws, grocery bags, etc and I'm going to start buying bamboo toothbrushes. I always recycle too but what else can I do?!

Favorite Answer

I like to pick up litter whenever I go for a walk, as well as making special trips to specific areas that I know tend to get trash or a buildup. You could raise funds to help sponsor animals in reserves, or volunteer to help out at your local wildlife rehabilitation center!! You won't be getting to do anything neat and IG worthy, but everything you'll be doing will be helping out immensely.

• Mara10 months agoReport

Or just go clean up part of the highway. You don't have to adopt, and just because some one else's name is on the sign doesn't mean you can't stop and pick up trash if you're so inclined.

perhaps you already realize how vulnerable our environment is ,if you want to take actions to help the earth ,you can join some world-renowned environmental organization pioneered by American ,sorry ,I don't remember his name ,you can google ,To be honest ,there are many people in the world out there who want to do this like you ,but their job doesn't allow us to do this ,

plant native trees/plants....wildlife are suffering because of habitat loss

• Gourry

Do you plan to make kids? Then stop. That would be your first good action.

In the times we live in today there are more individuals, organizations, government departments, and technology, around to help deal with the Earth’s problems. And yet things don’t seems to get any better.

Although as humans we are limited in what we can do; God is not. The Creator of this world won’t allow the Earth to be destroyed. (Isaiah 45:18) states; “... He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited.”

You may wonder then; why did God allow the world to get like it is now and how will it be saved? You can find the answer to this and more by going to the link below.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g2003...

Get some used furniture when you need furniture and refinish it if needed to save on trees and buy used clothes when you can find things you like that fit you.

It is okay to eat meat in small portions and please get products where you know they have been treated humanely. I only like to get cage free eggs for that reason. When I lived with my Aunt and Uncle for a year they made me work in a chicken factory years ago were they were cages and I gagged and almost collapsed and had to go to the office because of the smell.

Chickens should be allowed to roam in a fenced yard for them only so their poop can be good fertilizer.

If you are smart you will make a pen big enough so the next year they can be on the other side and the poop can cook in the other side for a year. It makes the best fertilizer for gardens.

• Teva

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but it's already too late. On the positive side, human beings will die out and the planet will recover. In the mean time, if it makes you feel better, by all means get a bamboo toothbrush 🙂

We, as individuals, can all do our own little bit (and encourage others) and it will all mount up.

Best thing you can do to help the planet is not have kids- really.... nothing else you do will have as much of a positive impact as that one move.

Join a group such as a watershed protection one. The names often start with the name of the stream or are "Friends of the" (stream name). If there is none for your area, form one. Sites like Craig's List will give you free publicity.