megan asked in SportsVolleyball · 4 months ago

How do I get my parents to let me quit volleyball?

The only sport I play is volleyball. I used to do track but I decided I didn’t like it and when I wanted to quit my parents were really against it and weren’t supportive at all. I’m athletic and I know I am but I just don’t enjoy playing sports at all. I dread going to go play. My parents won’t let my quit playing vb but I really want to. How do I get them to let me quit?

I don't believe you when you say "I'm athletic" but don't like sports? Contradiction? Athletic people hate sitting around on their butts! They gotta move! Find something you do enjoy and put your heart into it and you'll have a blast. Athletics gives you a nice break from the monotony of school and homework and all that stress teens experience. Play on !!

The answer is found in the previous posts, how about you play poorly.

Get kicked off the team. Just suck at it.

Don’t be like this girl I knew in college. Volleyball was her life and then she tore her ACL. You can tell she was depressed. She used to be so friendly and talkative. After the injury, she kept to herself.

i would just quit and take whateer punishrnent they dish out

• Gary

Your parents can’t make you do a sport