How come every time I try and make a fried egg it’s always ugly?

These darn eggs are angering me because every time I try and flip them the yolk breaks and I just hate it!! I’ve attempted to smel three eggs today. One was eh, but I ate it. Then I made two more, and they looked so bad I didnt want to eat them so I offered them to my friend and he was like “ew” so I threw them in the trash and stormed off.

TLDR: I have anger issues and these eggs are the cause of it

Favorite Answer

Put a lid on the pan when cooking eggs, the steam will cook the top of the eggs, so you don't have to flip them over to cook.

try oil basting them by putting the top on the pan--and wait for the yolk to get covered in a white coating--just.....(if you wait too long the yok hardens :-() sooo much easier.

"Zee egg eh not eh stone, it a libing ting, it hab a heart."

Eggs are a great metric of a decent chefs hand. Like the movie chef said, it isn't a stone. You have to be able to temper your touch and the heat you use on it, get the timing right to have it come out decent. Those are the tools a cook needs, not fancy pans or gadgets. When you master that, you'll get good food.

• Aside from the fact that you won't eat an ugly egg, nor will your idiot friends...

Grease up a pan and throw it on medium heat. Crack your eggs in, toss in about a 1/2 teaspoon of water (onto the pan not the egg) and put a lid on it. Cook for about 1 minute to get a runny yolk.

No flipping, so no broken yolks.

• patty

cook them a bit longer on one side so the yolk is cooked and not runny

• John

If you don't use non stick then you need to have it float on some fat. I use minimal fat and I chop up my eggs anyway. And my eggs mostly stick because of that. Use more fat and the spatula can get in there under it.

You might have anger issues but the eggs are at of the cause of it that's called projection I won't go into the psychology here I'm just going to tell you how to make a fried egg that doesn't break. You go to your local Walmart store and you buy a fried egg ring I have enclosed a picture of what they look like! That should cure your fried egg problem

You’re not a good cook