Can allergies cause a low grade fever?

I was around a lot of dust the last three days, which I think I’m allergic to, and today I woke up with an itchy throat and a temperature of 99.5°

Favorite Answer

There are all sorts of allergies that range from mild sneezing to suffocation, and it is possible that your allergies and the fever were related but probably not. You might have been in hot temperatures or maybe your allergies were actually acting up. Have you ever had a fever with your allergies? It could also be a sickness, maybe a cold or the flu? The dust or your allergies can cause the itchy throat, but probably your fever was caused by something else. Go see a doctor for a certain diagnosis.

No that’s most likely a cold pr sinus infection

• Diana

You might have a secondary respiratory infection. You'll have to see a doctor.

I used to get very ill and fevers with allergies, too. Maybe your doc can help. Try some over the counter allergy medication first maybe... see what that does for you

Yes. They sure can. Get some allergy medicine