alizae asked in SportsVolleyball · 4 months ago

How should I tell my volleyball coach that I am quitting?

I joined the volleyball team my freshman year and Im about to start my sophomore year, I really enjoy playing but due to personal and family reasons I have decided to quit. But I wanted to come back for my junior and senior year after I’ve gotten myself together so how do I tell my coach that I want to stop playing this year but return for the next 2 years ?

• DIEGO.

good question!!

Don't quit. Quitting is a habit and you don't want to get into the habit of quitting when things are tough. Fight thru it... you'll be glad you did. Otherwise volleyball becomes a victim of your home life instead of a refuge from it.

• Joe

Tell him just like that. If he's cool he'll understand. If not, he's a jerk and good riddance.

Tell him you got traded to Cleveland.

theres not much diversity in how to tell him, I guess start by thanking him to maintain positivity throughout the conversation

Just explain it to him, and he will either accept, or reject the idea of 'missing a year'.