How hard is it really to become a pro footballer?

People are always saying that it's very hard to become a pro footballer, but for some reason I don't see how it's that hardz I can't say why but it doesn't really look that hard to me, I practice 4x a week for an hour plus going for runs and other exercise and I'm by far best on my team, not being cocky although it may sound like that, just not a great team, mid table league c

• DEBS
    Favorite Answer

Being the best on your team, unless you're on a top club which you admit you're not, means little to nothing. The odds for someone on a team like that of going pro are very low. If you're serious, get yourself on a better team in a higher division. That will give you a better sense of your true skills compared to those with potential.

• Felix5 months agoReport

Currently in the process of moving house to a new area, I've found a team that is again mid table but league A, so I hope the standard is much higher, I don't feel challenged in league c

• F

Very, clubs take on hundreds of boys from as young as 10, all who think they will one day be in the premier league. Maybe one will make the first team squad and if at a top PL club will have limited chances because the club just buys in foreign talent. At a lower PL or championship club, he'll probably be bought by a top team and sit on the bench for 2 years before going out on loan to a league 1 side, and probably never be heard of again.

• John

Regardless of the sport, millions of people around the world can perform the same actions as the top professionals. There are only a relative handful of people, however, who can perform those actions as fast as the pros can. Pro athletes are generally among the fastest/quickest people on the planet. Blazing speed and lightning reflexes can only be honed in training. Practice will not create speed and quickness in people without the right genetics.

I read a report a few years ago that said a basketball player in a NCAA school has a one in fifty chance of making the NBA. I imagine it is similar for football.

just try it and see and then you'll know how hard it is

People like you are a dime a dozen. Comparing yourself to the rest of your team does not make you look good at all. You have to be good enough to make it onto a pro roster which means beating out thousands of other competitors