When's the best time of the week to have a wedding?

Most people do it on Saturday's but I've heard people say try to not do it on Saturday's, so when do you think the best day of the week is the best.

• drip
    Favorite Answer

Saturday’s are the norm because it is convenient for guests. Couples can find venue prices are lower for Sunday and Fridays.

Monday through Thursday will be much cheaper, but can be a real inconvenience for guests who work. Not to mention your wedding party.

I had my wedding on a Monday night. It was also New Yers Eve and for some reason, I did not question, my reception venue gave me Monday night prices. Which was significantly cheaper than Saturday.

My daughter got married on a Sunday. The next day was a holiday and most of our guests had the day off. The Reception s venue prices were less as were her photographers and DJ.

My nephew is getting married on a Friday in October. They pick Friday night for the sole reason prices were cheaper at their venue

For guests the best day of the week for a wedding is still Saturday.

• edward

A white person wedding is better on a Saturday. The filipino weddings i’ve been to are always on a Sunday because it’s more cost effective to have it on that day. Mine was on Sunday but most people lean towards Saturday because they like to get hammered

WHO says "try not to do it" on a Saturday? Saturday's are the most common day to hold a wedding.. Most people are available on weekends.. DUH.

Saturday is popular because you and everyone can have the whole day to get ready, have a late night and sleep in the next day. Friday is cheaper hire a reception hall. You'll likely have an earlier Friday available too, instead of waiting for a Saturday.

Saturdays are usually the most convenient for guests, and the most expensive for the one paying for the wedding. As a guest, I definitely prefer Saturday weddings; for Friday weddings, I usually have to leave work early or take off the day if the wedding is far. Sunday weddings do not allow for any downtime before my workweek starts again. The last time I attended a Sunday wedding, it was out of state (5 hours away), so I had to take off work on Monday.

Just an FYI- you don't need an apostrophe to pluralize days of the week. The apostrophe makes the word possessive.

• Kayla

It's cheaper to get married during the week of course, but then your guests would have to take a day off of work and not everyone can do that.

You could swing a Friday evening wedding if your wedding is small and guests are local.

Saturday or Sunday would be the best options for a larger wedding.

Saturday tends to be the most convenient for everyone

It's also the most expensive day of the week

Best for whom?

Saturdays are usually most convenient for guests but are the most expensive day to rent a venue.

• Stella7 months agoReport

Just best in general (pricing, guests, etc.)

• Kelly

Saturday's are convenient to most guests and your wedding party. Many people don't work on Saturday's so they don't need to take time off work in most cases to attend. There obviously will be exceptions to that as there's also a lot of people who do work on weekends.

Friday's and Sunday's are often cheaper but have their cons too. Sunday, the reception would/should need to end early as people are heading back to work on Monday and Friday most guests are working so unless your wedding after most peoples working schedule... they have to take a day off or miss the ceremony. A lot of vendors & venue have cheaper rates for weddings on a Friday or a Sunday.

Monday - Thursday unless you're having a destination wedding where everyone is traveling/vacation or a small courthouse ceremony ... is just plain stupid and inconvenient to most guests.

• JR

Friday’s .............