Neon Kokugen asked in TravelItalyRome · 1 year ago

Visiting Rome, wondering where to get tickets?

I will be visiting Rome in about a month, I am wondering what is the best website for getting tickets to Roman Forum and possible even the Colloseum, there seems to be varied websites all claiming to be THE place to get tickets.

When I did Rome, I booked most things through a local travel agent. I got my own personal guide through Vatican Museums as it was the low season in fall 2018 I think. Some tours I used the Tiquets app on my phone.  

Hey Neon, always book your colosseum entrance tickets online in advance to avoid the long queues from here this is the best website which provides good services with great price

Be advised that the Vatican Museum does NOT sell "walk up tickets" anymore,

You MUST buy advance tickets, with not only a specific day to show up, but a specific time. This is for crowd control. The same holds true for the Leaning Tower in Pisa. Same day tickets are NOT available.

You must have ADVANCE tickets . The Coliseum as well, requires Advance tickets. ....so you will need to organize and coorindate.

The Vatican Museum *might* sell you a walk up ticket, if it's a slow day, and they can accomodate you.........but you cannot count on that,

• Orla C
    1 year ago

Get your tickets for the Colosseum at the entrance to the Roman Forum along with your Forum tickets, and save time later. You won't have to queue to buy tickets at the Colosseum, see.

• 1 year ago

We were in Rome this past March

The best place to get tickets is thru the official website:

https://www.coopculture.it/en

You will pay more from anyplace else, although there are some very good tour guides out there - we actually booked with Walks of Italy - we had a discount code that made ticket prices much more reasonable. However, we also booked five months in advance

The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill are usually bundled together with access to the Colosseum.

But...you have a huge problem in that you are looking to get tickets a month out. It is still high season and tickets sell out months in advance.

• John
    1 year ago

You can get them in advance. It's not so hard to just walk up and buy them, most days. If you expect to get into the Vatican Museums you better get advance tickets or you might wait for HOURS - http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/...

St; Peter's is church - entry is free to that.

1 year ago

When I was in Paris, I went through Trip Advisor and had no complaints.

• 1 year ago

Did u check trip advisor?