Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 months ago

I’m 16 and a young senior.I should be a junior and I’d like to play JV but it’s against district policy.Can I make an appeal due to my age?

• Cu Tie
    Favorite Answer

It depends on whether (or not) you have played football before. If you have previously played football, you have no chance of winning the appeal. However, if this is going to be your first year of playing football, you are likely to win the appeal.

Source(s): My sister attended a private, all-girls high school in Pennsylvania, and turned 17 in late June prior to her senior year. During her senior year of high school, she was allowed to play on the junior varsity football team of the local public high school in South Jersey.
    • Blocking Back

Your sister was never on any roster, just like you.

• DEBS

Really, how would anyone here have any idea what your local district would allow? Come on.

• Cade8 months agoReport

I talked to my coach about it

Besides being against the rules in most districts, they really want those JV spots to develop players for the next season. We had one senior play JVs for one game because there wasn't an underclassman available. The other coach had to agree with it. He was like seventh string so the other coach had no problems. We (varsity) ran to the field after films and trolled the crap out of him.

I was 16 my senior year too. Missing out on a couple years of eligibility sucked at the time but I got over it and watched my friends play from the pressbox or sidelines as a grad volunteer. Being a 14 year-old soph back and playing JVs with huge 16 & 17 year-old junior linemen was a lot of fun too.

You should ask because this is a gray area.

you can try to appeal it

Do you really think that being 16 or 17 or 18 is going to change your abilities more than an itty bitty bitty bitty bit.

• Cade8 months agoReport

Yes, a HUGE difference. Those are prime years of growth and development and strength. Compare a 16 year old to an 18 year old