Can I use super cheap eyepieces with a telescope?

I have a very used telescope I am fixing up a bit, and I am going on a roadtrip out west this week. I didn't promise Hubble or anything, but I am taking the telescope and we are gonna try to use it. Unfortunately my ADHD-addled mind, combined with nonstop work, has yet to actually order eyepieces! I am curios... show more I have a very used telescope I am fixing up a bit, and I am going on a roadtrip out west this week. I didn't promise Hubble or anything, but I am taking the telescope and we are gonna try to use it. Unfortunately my ADHD-addled mind, combined with nonstop work, has yet to actually order eyepieces! I am curios if I can just go to Walmart and buy a $20 telescope that comes with 1.25 in. eyepieces and hijack them for my telescope until such time as I order some quality pieces. I have binoculars, and I may look for an actual store on our way out where I could get some eyepieces, but I'm on a very tight budget and as far as experimenting with this telescope goes, anything is better than nothing! How much would this affect the quality of the viewing? As long as I get like a 25mm piece and something a bit tighter, would I still be able to find some stuf in the sky? or would it be a total waste of money? I really want to get into this stuff, but for next week, anything goes lol, and I know very little about the technicalities of the scopes (Made up for by my expansive knowledge of the night sky! haha)
6 answers 6