Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 months ago

so I just got hired a teaching job as a guy, how do I look professional without going too far?

I understand that education field is not super formal to the point of wearing suit and ties, but I still want to look good.

should I wear button downs with slacks and nicer shoes?

do I need to tuck in my button downs?

btw ,this is in west coast California where people are a lot more lenient compared to say the midwest in terms of clothing

• Cogito

Check with the principal, but what you suggest sounds okay.

But as a teacher, maybe you should work on your English?

Your question read that you 'got hired a teaching job as a guy'. What you meant, I'm sure, is that you have been offered a teaching job or you were hired as a teacher. You were not hired a teaching job.

And you weren't hired as a guy. The 'as a guy' phrase is part of what should be a second sentence, 'As a guy, how do I look professional ..."

• A C

Nice slacks, shoes, and tuck in your shirt and you'll be fine. Doesn't have to be button down. If you're too casual, the kids won't respect you. That's just the way it is.

Are u in your 20’s and hot? If so hmu pls ugh thanks

I think your attire idea is great. When you're at work you can see what your coworkers are wearing too to get more inspiration.

Your principal will be of help about the dress code.