Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Why do people “leave me behind” in friendships? Im left all with noone as they have a too busy life and better friends?

Yes we all work and are busy!

But..

Im a ok and nice person

Im not needy or narcissistic

People treat me like dirt

Hey, everyone treats everyone like dirt in these days and times. That's why I've stopped worrying about keeping relationships and just started ghosting the girls that I **** lol. You gotta fight dirt with dirt.

• GEEGEE

Friendships can be hard to maintain. Often people forget they are a two way street and get lazy. I have a friend with MS, and she has been without a car for a year due to financial issues. I often feel she's using me as a driver to do errands, and to get her out of the house, rather than especially wanting to spend time with me, as a person. If she feels left out, she'll ask "what am I chopped liver?" I realize she cannot do much for anyone but a little appreciation would be nice.

I wish I knew. Yeah happens to be too. I ended up just being with my husband all the time and then he died and now I really just have my kids and never see anyone else, don't have any family either, they are all dead or live overseas, or are in a rest-home with dementia.

What I've noticed is people really really like someone being all zany, dancing around, managing to say lots of silly, bizarre things that make people laugh, that are somehow never the offensive wrong thing, and drinking alcohol and flattering people all over the place like crazy but I can't be like that.

When I reach out to my former friends they are always too busy with work to meet up. "Work is just too full on" But then they endlessly socialise with their work colleagues on Facebook getting drunk all the time.

I'm not interested in drinking or doing drugs.

Also I've learnt people like people who smile all the time and if people pick up on a vibe you aren't happy they avoid you.

Do you make an effort to BE a friend? Do you invite a couple of people round spontaneously for coffee or a beer? Do you ever say, 'Hey, I'm going to the moves on Thursday night, anyone want to come, maybe have a bite to eat first?'

If you don't do any of that, but just wait for other people to take the initiative, you can expect to be 'left behind' for ever.

Open up, smile, speak, ask, invite, talk.

i get treated the sarne way, like irn not even good enough to go for a walk with, rnaybe you should get a pet, ive thought of doing that

• Snoopy

They have shallow lives and are not friends. I study people from afar and for many years before I call them friends.

I may have really poor taste in men maybe, but not in friends and in fact none of the men I dated would pass the friendship test lol. Really friendship is a requirement if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone.

• edward

Do you reach out to them at all? Because that’s not needy, that is saying hello, if my friends and i are all having trouble coordinating our schedules to have time for each other we text each the group our work schedules and someone (usually me) works something out where we can all meet up and hang out. Do that

Find better people to be friends with.

Clearly you’re unlikeable and person noone wants around.

Deal with that and be ready for endless solitude, that’s all you deserve.

Its better to be alone you dont need anyone , I ALWAYS be alone and try to do the best for me