Is it rude for a waiter to drop the bill on the table before their food arrives at a sit down restaurant?

Yesterday I went to Applebee's I sat in the lounge area, my server drops my bill on the table before my food even arrives which made me feel like I was being rushed.

I personally would prefer to wait to get my bill until when I'm almost done eating.

Favorite Answer

Yes it is rude. The waiter should've WAITED until you were done with ur meal. I would be very much annoyed. Especially if I intended to order something else and I was already served my bill?

• Cara

If you order something else, it will of course be added to the bill.

sounds like it and rnaybe you should tell hirn that

• Cara

Certain restaurants do this - the server leaves the relevant bill on each table as an ongoing note of what you are ordering - then, if any server fetches something for you, that will be added, and the addition will be done for you by the cashier for you to pay at the end of the meal. It s just a different method of charging.

• Bill

maybe it is not rudeness but the fact that if you have no money up front , then you cannot eat and run simply good business sense for the shop

• Ben

I'd say it's more weird than rude.

Same! It's almost as if they are basically telling you to hurry up and leave...