Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Women, should unattractive and socially awkward men be locked away so that they don't inadvertently creep you out?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

i dont think so, as long as theyre not doing anything to harrn rne

• 5 months ago

Nope. I'd be just about the *last* person to want to penalize someone for being socially awkward, because... hey, aspie here. I'm probably more socially awkward than you are.

What unattractive and socially awkward men *do* need to do is 1. learn to take no for an answer, gracefully (or, at least, with a certain minimum of politeness--pouting and sulking is annoying but acceptable, harassing or assaulting is not), and 2. not act like the women who reject them are somehow evil or bad or wrong for doing so.

Even my fellow aspies can *work* on being less socially awkward (if only by learning a few acceptable "scripts" for dealing with social encounters). And, often, even "unattractive" can be worked on--dress a little better, get someone to advise you on the best haircut and (if necessary) glasses for your face shape, get treated for your acne, stand up straight, smile, and so on. That kind of thing... it's not going to take a "1" to a "10", but can be enough to, say, raise a "4" to a "7".

Another piece of advice I offer to those with trouble dating is... get a hobby. Interested people are more likely to be interesting people.

• Jay R
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You're the creep-out champ.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Stop approaching it like you're without hope. Work on your social skills and work to improve your view of yourself. The more you think you're without hope the more you will prove yourself right.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You think you're funny, you think you're making a point. All you are doing is re-enforcing the idea others probably have of you that you are pathetic. Not creepy, pathetic. There really is a difference.

• 5 months ago

No, and people don't "creep me out."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.