Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 4 months ago

Any alternatives to icecream?

We got told my youngest son (3) has a dairy allergy. But he LOVES icecream. Are there any DAIRY FREE alternatives to icecream? Thank you!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best Answer

Yes. Most grocery stores now have frozen treats made from soy milk, rice milk, tofu, and coconut milk. And, of course, there are ices that don't have dairy. Some brands to look for include So Delicious, Talenti, Tofutti, and Almond Dream and Rice Dream. Hagen Das and Ben & Jerry's also have some options.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

There used to be something called tofuti when I was younger

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Ice milk, frozen yoghurt. If you don't want to have any dairy, sorbets ("sherberts"). You can even freeze bananas, then puree the frozen ones in the blender with a little orange juice or almond milk.

• 4 months ago

Almond Dream ice cream is one. You can google "Dairy Free Ice Cream" to see more options.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Masses of them in the UK. Start googling.

• 4 months ago

sorbets, sherbets, and coconut/almond/soy based ice creams.

• 4 months ago

sorbet

soy ice cream

almond milk ice cream

coconut milk ice cream

avocado ice cream

google: non-dairy ice cream

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

there rnight be sorne ice crearn without dairy sornewheres, i would just look at the ingredients, irn allergic to rnilk rnyself not to rnention other foods too, ive found if i take benadryl and claritin every day i will not react to any of rny allergies and can eat what i want, but i dont recornrnend it to people cause just cause it works for rne dont rnean it will work for sorneone else, but you could ask his doctor about it

• random_man
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Ice cream is, by definition, a dairy product.

Without dairy, it would be called a "frozen dessert" or something like that.

• 4 months ago

They make ice-cream from coconut, and flax and various nuts. Some of them are really good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.