Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 7 months ago

Putting notice in on a rented property?

In may this year theyve decided to put the property on the market so obviously I've had to make plans to move out.

My original tenancy said 2 months notice should be given. But they ran out last October so would this still stand or am I in my right to only give 1 month?

Thanks if anyone can help me with this🙈

7 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Since your lease expired and they have continued to accept rent payments then you are a "tenant at will" and you are only required to give 30 days notice.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

If your tenancy expired then it doesn't stand. It was on you to make sure you get another one when it ran out.

• 7 months ago

TYPICALLY the LL/agent gives the tenant 2 full months, the tenant is TYPICALLY required to give 1 full month notice.

What your original tenancy agreement states is what counts.

You could ask the LL/agent to confirm what notice they expect from you.

• 7 months ago

Two months is two months. When the lease rolls over to month to month, it is ALWAYS on the same terms & conditions.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
    • Ding Dong
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

That might depend where you are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

the old rules stay in effect...2 months notic

• 7 months ago

Yes the 2 mo is typically still required. When the original lease expires all the terms & conditions remain in effect.

• Zoeh Bennett7 months agoReport

Thanks I've never delt with anything like this before so I'd no idea I've been told of someone cause it wasnt renewed that its then classed as a rolling month to month so then it's a months notice
      Thanks !

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Sorry its completely missed out the first bit. I got a 12month tenancy agreement 1.10.17- but weve never signed another or been asked to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.