Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 5 months ago

Does anyone else find it absurd that in the world's most popular sport (soccer/football) the use of hands is not permitted?

That makes as much sense as if in the world's most popular music, art or cuisine, or any other sport, etc, you were only allowed use of your feet. As human beings, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination is everything.

It's no wonder it's such an imprecise sport with the ball constantly dribbling away, being off the mark and going out of bounds.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It makes soccer more interesting.

• 5 months ago

Football is a game of the foot and the ball. I guess you don’t believe in ’rules of play’. EVERY sport has rules.you cant use pool cues in golf, or a cannon to knock down bowling pins.

We love the game the way it is.

Soccerref

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

As absurd as football (American) is called football but theball is handled 99% of the time. Ditto Rugby Football.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

All sports are absurd and pointless.

• F
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

They are in the great scheme of things , (whatever that is), but they give people pleasure and /or exercise, so that can't all be bad. The money in some pro sports is ludicrous though.

• 5 months ago

Inevitably, Irretrievably

• 5 months ago

Well that’s how the sport is played.

• August
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

have you been in hibernation Ryan ?

• 5 months ago

I have given your suggestions strong consideration.

I have decided to reject them.

• 5 months ago

No, it doesn't that's what makes the sport interesting.

• 5 months ago

Look up sepak takraw. It’s like the soccer version of volleyball. You can’t use your hands to hit a tiny ball over the net.

Moguls is mostly legs and hips. Ski jump is legs and form.

In soccer there’s no point is using the hands. If the hands is allowed, it becomes rugby. You can’t throw the ball as far as you can by kicking it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.