Has my girlfriend got pre-natal depression?

I didn’t even know this was a thing but I’m concerned my girlfriend seems so down and sad and depressed. She’s 32 weeks and for the last couple months has said she feels suicidal and depressed and sad. she has so many worries and is stressing about being a mother, maybe having doubts and second thoughts and... show more I didn’t even know this was a thing but I’m concerned my girlfriend seems so down and sad and depressed. She’s 32 weeks and for the last couple months has said she feels suicidal and depressed and sad.

she has so many worries and is stressing about being a mother, maybe having doubts and second thoughts and wishing we’d waited a little further into our relationship. She’s worried Incase having a baby ruins what’s we have.

It is soon into our relationship but I feel so ready and so excited to become a dad. She was super excited at the beginning too especially when she found out we’re having a girl and naming her after her mother who passed away a couple years ago.

That is of course having some affect on her also as she says it is hard and difficult being pregnant without her mum there and she feels alone and doesn’t see the point in having a child if her mum isn’t going to be in her daughters life.

Those are just some of the things she’s been saying the past couple months. I’m trying to be there for her as much as I can and try keep her positive but I’m actually worried about her. She even mentioned briefly about giving the child up for adoption. I really don’t know what to do, is this just pregnancy hormones or something more serious and deeper?