Do I need an MRI?

I dislocated my kneecap about 2 weeks ago. I had someone with me to extend my leg and put it back into place. I went to urgent care and I’ve been wearing a brace for 2 weeks. I just got to take it off and I’ve been wearing a smaller brace. I slept in the smaller brace and I woke up every hour or so to the worst... show more I dislocated my kneecap about 2 weeks ago. I had someone with me to extend my leg and put it back into place. I went to urgent care and I’ve been wearing a brace for 2 weeks. I just got to take it off and I’ve been wearing a smaller brace. I slept in the smaller brace and I woke up every hour or so to the worst burning sensation in my knee. It was mainly when it was bent slightly. I cannot put pressure on the knee while it’s bent otherwise it sends a shocking pain into my body. For example, trying to walk up the stairs. I’m unsure of what happens when you dislocate your kneecap entirely, I assume you have to tear a tendon/ligament. I’m unsure as to if I should get an MRI or not.
3 answers 3