What is the reason for me not having a relationship at this age?

I am a 26-year-old female and I had a few guys in high school like me but I didn't share the same feelings. I actually liked this one guy for two years that didn't like me back. In college, I only had one relationship that lasted about three months. After that I would date but no guy wanted a relationship with me so I gave up entirely on relationships. Most of my friends are married at this age. Some days I don't care at all but other days I am the only isolated person at this age. I don't really socialize much so I don't know where I am going to meet this guy.

My mom said to me it doesn't seem like I want a relationship. She said at my age that she was always wanting to find a boyfriend. I feel so stupid but I feel like no guy is interested in me. I am attractive, thin, and I would say I have an outgoing/bubbly personality.

• bubula
    Favorite Answer

I can't possibly say why for sure, but I do believe your mother is correct in that you are probably giving off a fairly unapproachable aura. And since the very best way to make sure you don't get in a relationship is to "give up entirely," you've done a fine job of making yourself literally unapproachable by not being out there in the world. There's also a passivity in your language--you seem to have always been waiting for guys to like you, including the two years of waiting for his feelings to match yours.

"Always wanting to find a boyfriend" isn't going to do it. In fact, the more you want "a boyfriend" the less likely you are to find someone special. What you want to look for is "the" boyfriend in whom you can truly be interested, truly be comfortable around, truly want to get to know better and better, truly want to be yourself with. Twenty-six is hardly the end of your dating life, hon. Did you ever think that maybe the self-sabotaging behavior was your insight into yourself as a late bloomer? Maybe you didn't feel ready for a serious relationship, and that's why you "chose" the ones that wouldn't last. If you're feeling ready now, your luck should change. You'll present yourself as more available, with more integrity and authenticity.

Assuming you haven't given up on socializing, get busy. You're not looking for a boyfriend. You're looking to have fun and find things you enjoy doing in social settings where you can see and be seen and strike up natural conversations. Join a book club or a movie club. Take classes. Eat in parks instead of at home. Walk, walk, walk, and people watch. Take that outgoing personality out of the box and go for it.

Best of luck.

Get simple Astrological home Remedies about like this problems

Times have changed and guys are opting out of marriages and relationships, there are still guys looking for love keep looking for it, sorry not much I can tell you...

you sound like guys don't interest you much. have you tried girls? you might have better luck.

There's nothing wrong with being single. I don't know why you feel the need to compare yourself to your friends. Sure they're married. But are they happily married? Many of them will end in divorce by the time they're 30.

I don't get why people think there's something wrong with them if they're not in a relationship. As if being in one is the be all and end all in life. I'm married and while I love my husband, I could easily be happy being single.

If you're that hellbent on finding a decent guy, start socializing more. Attend events, go to parties, experience new things. You won't find a partner sitting around at home all the time.

It sounds like you may be too attractive, and guys can be intimidated by that. just keep being yourself. i wouldn't worry about it. just don't settle for someone. the important thing is to find that person that makes you happy and that you enjoy making happy

• R L

You need to show a positive bubbly personality from what I have read you are negative emotionally down person who would definitely push me away. You have a negative aurora about you even in your writings. How about believing in yourself, believe you are a pretty woman inside and out and take the time to show people those great qualities.

• R L

Well then change things up there are alot of open and honest men who communicate and share themselves accordingly. try something different

Socialize more and you'll probably find someone!