Do you have any thoughts on this Marvel Cinematic Universe chronology timeline + BQ?

MCU Phase 1-3: The Infinity Saga Timeline:

1943-45: Captain America: The First Avenger

1995: Captain Marvel

2010: Iron Man

2011: Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor

2012: The Avengers and Iron Man 3

2013: Thor: The Dark World

2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man

2016: Captain America: Civil War

2016-17: Doctor Strange

2017: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and Thor: Ragnarok

2018: Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp

2018-23: Avengers: Endgame

2023: Spider-Man: Far From Home

BQ: On the list of MCU timeline, what do you like about Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Franchise (Phase 1-3: The Infinity Saga)?

BQ2: What are your thoughts on the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 Movies and TV Shows? (e.g. Black Widow, Loki, Hawkeye, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Eternals, Shang-Chi: The Legendary of Ten Rings, WandaVision, Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, and What If...?)

Favorite Answer

It's a very good, very well planned timeline. Obviously, there are small errors (ie Doctor Strange being name dropped in The Winter Soldier, Nick Fury never using the pager he had for decades, etc) but overall, it's a very cohesive, well thoughout timeline.

BQ: I like pretty much all of it. What I like most are The Avengers movies, the Spider-Man movies, and Black Panther.

BQ 2: I think Phase 4 will be great, both movies and TV wise. I cannot wait to see Mahershala Ali as Blade.

Well, I believe. like most............that it was clearly a fairly well planned out timeline, and I liked how they built one on top of the other, in some sort of orderly fashion , that you could follow.

(as opposed to X-Men, which just came out with a mish mash of time lines, and characters dying and then appearing in the next movie, like nothing happened at all in the last one. I mean, any coherent timeline is clearly missing in X-Men)

So Kudo's of course, for at least having that overall connecting timeline over a period of 20 films. That's impressive long range planning.

BQ. of the phase 1-3 movies.......I enjoyed the ORIGIN stories the most .....Ironman, Thor, Dr. Strange.....Capt. America, of course...........although some of the sequels were weak.

The biggest surprise.....turned out to be Guardians of the Galaxy.....which looked really stupid at first.......but I absolutely LOVED them, and was quite impressed. Drax was a hoot.....and I am definitely going to see GOTG 3 -

Infinity War was absolutely AWESOME.........extremely well done.........which is why ENDGAME was soooooooooooo disappointing. The Whole "Back to the Future" rip off........was just lame. I was really expecting something way better than that.

I mean, somewhat nicely done, for what it was.........but I just thought it was an incredible rip off.

It didn't break the box office record, because a lot of fans felt cheated, and it just didn't get the REPEAT business that Infinity War did. Like just seeing it ONCE, was enough, and then no one wanted to sit thru it a second time........like they gladly did with Infinity war.

I mean, who wanted to see Thor's MOOBS and watch him cry and cower for an hour.? WTF?

The didn't use DRAX at all, except for like a 2 second cameo.......and that was another huge mistake.

Clearly they threw the entire kitchen sink into the final battle scene..........but the movie absolutely DRAGGED in parts.

anywho-----

BQ2..........Oh.-.----I may not go see them all........but I will surely go see many of them........Dr. Strange 2, for sure........GOTG 3.........absolutely......... I like the THOR series....but I better not see any more MOOBS.....

and Falcon and Winter Soldier....... wellllll, I suppose I will check that out. I'll probably give some a pass..........but we'll see what kind of word of mouth they get.

• Kyle

they weren't like Xmen or even Star Wars. with the exception of a couple, they were all released in chronological order. or even fast and furious got a little confusing when they first came out when they added movie timelines between 2 and tokyo drift.

besides black widow, DS 2, and GOTG 3, i really have no interest in the other MCU movies. i'll probably watch spiderman far from home and the third one, but that's about it. it'll be hard to watch it without chris evans, chris hemsworth, robert downey, etc.