Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

can Christians be skeptic?

Favorite Answer

Unlike some people here, I don't believe everything I hear/read.

My middle name is "skeptic" -- always has been. Ph.D.'s tend to be that way.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Christians can always have questions. That is good and intelligent. But skepticism is the opposite of faith, which is a willingness to find out for ourselves.

Absolutely.

I do not believe anything without evidence. I don't even believe in Jesus without evidence. So, how then could I be a Christian?

Simple. There is lots of evidence that Jesus is real. If you want such evidence, find it in a library. Or Google "Christian apologetics."

Christians and skeptics in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron. Christians believe and have full faith in Jesus Christ and his father who sent him Jehovah God.

• Climate Realist

You can have faith and be a skeptic if you have evidence.

Yes of being sheep only to pastors without doing their own research

Not really, a skeptic would see through a religion.

They are surely sceptical about certain scientific theories

• Jea

They sure express skepticism when reality is the topic!

• Jea

I know skeptic. I was trying to be gentle as is my nature. But I stand corrected.

Skeptic of what? The Bible is the absolute Word of God and is 100% true. No skepticism belongs there.

.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Every Christian in the world is. Look at the story of "Doubting Thomas".