Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

If Jesus wasn't God, then how could he have done those miracles?

obviously he was from a divine origin or else he couldnt have been able to perform the miracles

Many imperfect and a perfect man and angels were given the ability by means of jehovah to perform miracles. By means Gods spirit Psalm 83:18

Holy spirit:https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/wh...

Moses- plagues to protect Gods people from slavery in edgypt-Exodus

Joseph - foretell dreams to prevent famine-Genesis 30-41

Elijah resurrected a little boy -1 Kings 17:8-24; Luke 4:25, 26;2 Ki. 2:11-14

Elisha -2 Kings 6:17-23

12 Apostles -Mark 6; Acts

Paul resurrected a men who fell out of the window-Acts 20

Angels in heaven-Hebrews 1:14

Daniel: foretold a dream and survived a fiery furnace-Daniel 3;Daniel 1:17

But Above all:

Hebrews 1:1

Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways

Most of all john 3:16,17:17:3

Mark 9:7

And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: “This is my Son, the beloved. Listen to him

Future miracle ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Source(s): Peace for a Thousand Years​—And Beyond! Think about how Jesus’ Kingdom rule will bring blessings to people https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ws201...

God's spirit allowed Jesus and other prophets to perform miracles.

Isaiah 61:1 ASV The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me; because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isaiah 42: 1 KJV Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Jesus quotes Isaiah and applies it to himself as, not God, but the Servant.

Luke 4:17-21, Matthew 12:15-18

Does God put his own Holy Spirit on himself?

• Paul

Correct. His life on Earth clearly demonstrates that He was human, and His miracles, including rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven in full view of several witnesses, clearly demonstrates that He was God.

Jesus: Half God, half human, all man. From his father, God, Jesus inherited power, including power over life and death. From his mother, he inherited the ability to die.

TIME and again, Jesus showed that he was a creature separate from God and that he, Jesus, had a God above him, a God whom he worshiped, a God whom he called “Father.” In prayer to God, that is, the Father, Jesus said, “You, the only true God.” (John 17:3) At John 20:17 he said to Mary Magdalene: “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” (RS, Catholic edition) At 2 Corinthians 1:3 the apostle Paul confirms this relationship: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Since Jesus had a God, his Father, he could not at the same time be that God.

Source(s): jw.org
    • -_-6 months agoReport

If I am not mistaken, the reasoning for his claims and insinuations of being God were because it was tradition for folk of that area that the eldest son be given the authority of his father for certain tasks.

“God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him.”​—Acts 10:38

Source(s): Www.jw.org

The NT story is mostly not about Jesus, it is more about the long war 66CE ~73CE. What seems to be about the character Jesus, is only comic parody about the war.

• Maybe he was Enlil in the flesh, but they changed it to Yahweh. Like how the Bible changed Balaam son of Be'or from "the seer of the gods" to the prophet of Yahweh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Alla_Inscriptio...

• -_-6 months agoReport

Balaam worshipped El as did the Hebrews, so he reckoned it unwise to curse them or to work against them, as El had given his commands. Perhaps part of the failure of the Hebrews is because of the constant changes they made, which they thought were for the better, but ruined integrity with older stuf

JESUS IS GOD

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1:1-2,14 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Source(s): NOTE: and the Word was God.
    • "the Word was WITH God" your own words!

• Rayal

If you want to make a person into a "God" you have them do wonderful things like water into wine, walking on water, and best of all rising from the dead. It was a common feature of deities in the eastern Mediterranean.