Do you believe in reciprocity? If a Muslim hates me because I'm gay, why can't I hate Muslims for hating me?

• YKhan
    Favorite Answer

Reciprocity means hating the person who hates you, not all of the people of his group. Not all Muslims hate gays, similar to not all Christians hate gays.

I mean you can, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Hate religious people because they are cowards with coward beliefs.

• Being gay means being in sin, therefore, one does not hate the person, but one hates sin, which is quite another thing!

• Duck

Because you're generalizing to the group. A Muslim hates you ... you can dislike them. However, you cannot then say all Muslims hate you because one does.

• Rayal

Learn the difference between "a" muslim and "all" muslims. Christians don't like you either but I don't see you complaining here about hating them.

• sexy troll

I already asked you if this question was about christians would have mentioned muslims the same way you mention christians in a question about muslims? I was more then clear enough try not pretending to be so ignorant.

• Cogito

You CAN, of course. But two doses of hate are twice as bad as one.

Hate achieves nothing. All it does is reduces YOU to their level.

You certainly could hate him, or people who share his opinion. Not all Muslims share that opinion.

Historically Islam has been more tolerant than Christianity of homosexuality - the reason the situation is like it is today is mostly down to either direct influence of European powers (i.e the British bringing in anti-sodomy laws to what is now Pakistan) or the Ottoman empire deciding to become more westernised in the 19th century and start persecuting homosexuality (which had previously been tolerated for centuries)

• skeptik

Seriously, it's one of the criticisms Medieval Christians typically leveled against the Caliphs.

Reciprocity is a good thing in business and relationships, not in hate.

The only person you hurt by hating someone is yourself. Your energies do NOTHING to that person and you walk around with the damage. A Muslim's hate hurts them and their soul, why would you want to be a part of that?

You are entitled to hate anyone you choose. It is tragic that some feel obligated to hate because of the teachings of a ‘cult’ sold as a religion of peace.

When you total up those hated by one side of the cult or other then most of the world is hated by the cult.

Count yourself as one of many.

• No Bozos

Islam is not a cult. Shame on you for condemning a belief system that you know nothing about. You are only doing the exact thing that you are condemning.