Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 6 months ago

Was the anime TV show Big O very popular in the United States?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It was popular enough to have a run on Adult Swim; didn't it? So, if a network wished to spend money on a dub of it?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Diana
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It was popular in the U.S. There was also a comic book series of it. I used to watch this cool show late at night. It had everything: Giant mecha, a handsome hero, high adventure, mystery, and humor.

• Ben
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I think it was at one point.

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It was quite popular in the US, since it has a very similar vibe with American cartoons, like the 90's Batman animated series.

Its popularity was much bigger in the US compared in Japan, and the show was only planned for 13 episodes only. But then Cartoon Network steps in and wants to bill the cost for the 2nd season, which they later produced for another 13 episode.

• ...Show all comments
    • Raditz
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Fans the US? Yes
      Fans in JP? No

Because the show has mediocre rating in JP, they didn't want to produce another season. Hence Cartoon Network steps in, and decides that they'll foot the bill for the continuation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Never heard of it, but it has a 7.57 positive score on MAL, which isn't bad.

Look up The Big O on MyAnimeList for reviews.

Not likely one I would watch.

• 6 months ago

Fairly popular. Nothing ground breaking but I know a lot of people who quite enjoyed it, and it is currently considered a gem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.