I get booted out of every steam game I play?

Hi. I'm new to PC gaming, and I'm having some issues with games that I buy on steam. Any game that I seem to play keeps kicking me out and back to the steam library for some weird reason. I first noticed it with CoD Ghosts, don't judge my preference it was cheap :), and the moment that I started up the... show more Hi. I'm new to PC gaming, and I'm having some issues with games that I buy on steam. Any game that I seem to play keeps kicking me out and back to the steam library for some weird reason. I first noticed it with CoD Ghosts, don't judge my preference it was cheap :), and the moment that I started up the game and either changed screen resolutions and other options or didn't change them at all, the opening cinematic played out and the moment that the gameplay was about to start, I got booted back to the steam menu. Ever since then. I've been getting a pop-up message now when I open up the game again saying that it wasn't closed / quit properly and to run it again but in safe mode? So naturally I did this, and yet again the same problem, opening cinematic plays and then the moment the gameplay starts, booted to the steam menu. I've tried various windows updates, bios changes, removing and reinstalling drivers for all of my components but nothing seems to be working. I'll give a layout of my PC spec's just so you have a better understanding of my setup if there's any issues with it:
CPU - Intel i5-8600k
GPU - GeForce GTX 1080
RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance (3000Mhz)
OS - Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
From what I've seen aswell, people have had a lot of issues with steam games because of windows 10 updates, but I'm not exactly sure where an issue would be with regards to my current version of windows installed on the PC. If anyone has a solution, that'd be really appriciated. Cheers!