Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 7 months ago

Why is new anime so trash?

Compared to past anime new anime lacks the originality and depth of the story and characters that old anime had, for instance look at how much of a masterpiece deathnote, bleach, trigun and one piece were, now it seems that every new anime just copies the last, with the "weak main character that eventually becomes the best" cliche, I mean I'm pretty sure most of us could come up with a better plot than what these big wigs throw at us.

• C T
    Favorite Answer

i must be getting old if death note counts as old anime :(

As usual, the truth is that anime is only getting better. For one aside from bleach is just a bad show, it also follows the "weak main character that eventually becomes the best" cliche and so does one piece. so i can tell you are just coming at this through nostalgia goggles.

Promised Neverland, Psycho pass, mob psycho, and AoT to name a few are super dope and definitely better than bleach or trigun. Right now we get more good anime than ever, also more bad than ever but thats just how the averages play out since we are getting more anime than ever in general.

It's not. I love anime.

You virgin losers still watch anime? Go watch better shows like The Bachelor, Naked Attraction, Love Island, or reruns of the Jersey Shore.

That seems to go the way of most things. Cheaper but certainly no less expensive.

Try: The Secret World of Arietty, Grave of the Fireflies, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Barefoot Gen, Cowboy Bebop, Case Closed, The Girl who Lept through Time

I disagree. I think anime has constantly stayed strong and gotten better over the years. There are plenty of really good and original shows out there today. Nostalgia tends to bias the way people view things, but it doesn't mean the old days are always better. There's always good shows and bad ones, which tends to be subjective, but anime is far from dead.

Also Bleach and One Piece follow that exact cliche you mentioned. I personally love Bleach, but I don't consider them masterpieces.

because the standard for what is good enough to be released in english has dropped dramatically as demand in the english market has risen. pretty sure they have been making good stuff and crap for a while, its just that for a while only the better quality stuff made it to the states and now everything does.

Because naruhina is canon and it doomed the whole fate of the anime universe. Talk to kishi kun if he is honorable enough he may divorce naruhuana and kill off their bastards