Question about ebay selling?

Before I sell something on ebay I like to go to ebay and look down the page looking for the same item that I want to sell. I often see a lot of the very same item being sold. How do I know if that means that that particular item is in demand or if it means that it's not selling?

Favorite Answer

search for whatever item you have and then look under Completed Items on the left hand side, scrolling down some. That will give you a longer history to see.

• Sal*UK

Look at completed listings.

You have the ability to contact the seller and ask a question to them.

Otherwise, how would we know?

Source(s): With my Economics degree, my knowledge about "supply and demand curves" tell me that a seller would not waste his time generating an image page for trying to get rid of an item if he knew there was no demand, or very low demand. Or he is just desperate. A lot of same item could mean either it is popular, or there are many that different sellers are trying to make a small profit from. A buy-it-now vs. an auction setup show different expectations.