Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Eating 800 calories a day and not losing weight?

I started off as 71kg and I started eating 1000 calories a day, it got me to 68kg but then I stopped losing from there so then I started eating 900 calories and I then dropped to 65kg I then started eating 800 calories and went down to 63kg.

I don’t want to eat less than I do now because I think I eat very little now but I can’t seem to be losing weight anymore at 800 calories. I don’t exercise either

Does this mean I should start exercising or eat more? There was a time when I ate 1000 calories and did exercise but I gained 1kg so I’m worried in case that happens again. I don’t know what to do

I am 153.5cm (5’0”) so I should be weighing less. Also even though I eat 800 calories a day I don’t feel hungry for some reason.

• DJC

You're not that overweight. According to the BMI table, a 5'0" (153 cm) adult should be between 95-127 lbs. (43-57.5 kg). This means that you're just 13 lbs. (5.5 kg) overweight. Here's the table for a 5'0" (153 cm) adult:

<77 lbs. (35 kg) = extremely underweight

77-81 lbs. (35-36.5 kg) = very underweight

82-94 lbs. (37-42.5 kg) = underweight

95-127 lbs. (43-57.5 kg) = healthy weight <-- YOU SHOULD BE HERE

128-153 lbs. (58-69.5 kg) = overweight <-- YOU ARE HERE

154-178 lbs. (70-81 kg) = obese

179-230 lbs. (81-104.5 kg) = very obese

231-255 lbs. (105-115.5 kg) = morbidly obese

256-306 lbs. (116-139 kg) = supermorbidly obese

>306 lbs. (139 kg) = hyper supermorbidly obese

Bear in mind that it isn't just calorie intake that contributes to weight loss. It's also carbohydrates, fats, sugars, and water. Say yes to fats and water, say no to carbohydrates and sugars. If you start out on a high-fat, high-water, low-carb, sugar-free diet, you should be able to lose those last 13 lbs. (5.5 kg). Avoid any kind of bread or fruit, or other high-carb foods like: pizza, pasta, yogurt, rice, etc., and go for the low-carb stuff, like: eggs, chicken, turkey, and bacon. And, of course, be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Hope this helps.

Are you drinking water? If not that should help. Are you also eating fruits and vegetables for nutrients? If your diet is actually mostly healthy I would consider going to the doctor. I had a hard time losing weight at the beginning and my stomach was huge it turns out I had candida overgrowth and try not to stress about it I learned the hard way stressing about your weight all the time only makes things worse no matter how good you eat or how much you exercise. Try meditating to reduce the stress.

Well for one that's not enough calories im sorry but it's not. Also if you're doing anything that builds muscle the number on the scale isn't gonna move much. When you build muscle and do cardio the cardio burns fat and building muscle burns fat by burning more calories even at rest. Feed the muscle starve the fat.

800 calories too low. if you're a boy eat around 1800 calories. you will lose weight!

• k w

because nutrition is whats important, not many know.......they just wanna eat what they wanna eat and diets are an illusion, maybe work short-time, but after diet you weigh more than before

800 calories a day isn't enough food, first of all. And a calorie deficit like this is not healthy.

it might do your body a favor to find a proven, healthy weight loss plan such as Paleo or Keto.

Are you a woman? If yes, then you could probably stand to lose some kilos. I see two possible scenarios:

1) Either you have been measuring your calorie intake incorrectly and this is why you're not losing weight

or

2) If you've been doing as you say, eating just 1000 calories a day and then 800 calories a day, then you've been starving yourself and your metabolism is likely out of whack because your body is trying to compensate for the lack of food. It's normal to gain a little weight at first when you start exercising because you are building muscle. What you need to do now is to see a doctor/dietitian to get you back on a healthy track. Whatever you do, do NOT cut further down on your calorie intake. I know short people require less calories than tall people (I'm a bit shorter than you), but you're eating too little.

Because 800 calories is torture for the body.

You are making your body think it’s not going to get food in the future, so it holds into the little you do eat. Even if you are in a deficit, “starvation mode” is a real thing. You are eating less, but nothing is happening or you are actually gaining more weight. You need to eat more. You need to figure out how many calories your body needs. I’m going to assume 1400. If you ate 600 calories more, I bet you will see better results.

Source(s): RECOMMENDED: 1 Cup tomorrow morning, burns 3 lbs of belly fat - bit.ly/mybestdrinkever
  • kelvin

if you have no idea what it is your doing you stop doing it

• Jen

"OH SH*T, Im not getting enough calories to function normally, I have to put a stop to this" - your body. I lost the most weight when I am eating 1500 calories AND exercising - strength/cardio alternating days (thats over 300 calories more than what I normally would eat).